The Datacastle team is very excited to be making its way to Washington D.C. in the next couple of weeks to join our Microsoft Azure partners at Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC). As we head to our nation’s capital, we couldn’t help but notice that the need for modernized laptop backup has never been greater. Recent incidents at the IRS and EPA point to the need to modernize the way laptops are being backed up.
While the most common motivation for laptop, tablet, and desktop backup has to do with disaster recovery there is also another important reason that large enterprises and institutions know all too well – eDiscovery. Consumer-based online backup solutions don’t meet the requirements associated with laptop backup for eDiscovery use cases. Enterprises and institutions need an endpoint backup solution with the following capabilities:
- Legal hold: be able to retain and secure the laptop data for the duration of the investigation
- Centralized policy management: IT needs to be able to enforce the company’s policy for backup and not leave it to employee behavior
- Search: be able to find the “needle in the haystack” when you are backing up a large organization’s endpoint data
- Admin recovery: While users need to be able to self-recover files, administrators need to be able to collect the data for investigations
- Audit: be able to know who recovered what files and when
- Encryption & Key Management: These are sensitive documents and you have to have the confidence that they are secured for the long term
To learn more about how enterprise endpoint backup and recovery can support your eDiscovery processes, contact Datacastle at www.datacastlered.com .